Tuesday 18 December 2007

I don't want you all to think I have given up on my blog as I know I will be back to crafting so I thought I would just give you all a quick update.
In November my step father died of cancer, he was diagnosed in February. On the 5th of December my father in law was diagnosed with cancer too and on the 10th of December he suffered a massive stroke. He was moved to a hospice and we were told he has only a few weeks left. On the same day my youngest daughter Robbyn (4 years old) was admitted to hospital with a virus called Henoch-Schonlein Purpura which basically means she had a virus and the anti bodies were trying to fight it but then her body made too many and they started attacking her body. It was quite scary as it can cause renal collapse. She has to have urine and stool checks regurlarly now. She is now home but has to have bed rest as it can reoccur at any time. Poor mite is missing all the fun Xmas activities at school. We have our fingers crossed it doesn't show up again.
Last night we had a phone call to say that Rob's dad has suffered another stroke, so things aren't looking good.
So I am spending time with my family at the moment. My mum is also staying with us over Christmas.

I would just like to say

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you all.

Hopefully 2008 will be a better one for our family.

3 comments:

Kim said...

Shary my darling I am so sorry to hear all this. Poor little Robbyn, I do hope she gets over this awful virus quickly and I am so sorry to hear about your FIL, what tragic news. I do hope 2008 will be a much better year for you and I hope you and your family have as good a Christmas as is possible. Take care. Kim xxx

stampingcaz said...

OMG poor you!! How much can a person take??

I lost my beloved Dad last week, I know how hard the holidays are with things like this hanging around.

HUGE hugs
Cazx

Carol Plume said...

Shary
Great big hugz to you all - I too hope that 2008 will be much kinder to you.
Poor little Robbyn, I hope that she soon feels much better and that the virus doesn't reappear.
Love to you all and Happy Christmas
xxx