Friday 1 February 2008

Big Buckle and Tilda Card

I managed to find the time to make this today. It's called a big buckle card. There is a tutorial on Stamping Up to follow. I used my newest Sarah Cards monthly kit for most of it and I remembered the name of the papers. See bottom of this post.
I coloured the sitting Tilda in with prismas and zest it. The little window at the top left hand corner was done with the word window punch and I stamped the welcome with a SU stamp.
Tilda was attached onto the actual belt strap so she could move when the card was opened.




Here's another view of the card, open. As you can see you adhere a "belt strap" and the card closes by putting the strip through the opening. The opening was made with the SU word window punch.

The card was finnished off with some blooms and ribbons which came with the monthly kit.

14 comments:

Frances said...

oh, this is fab Shary.

Looking forward to my word window punch arriving, now that you've shown me another use for it :)

Fran x

Marlene said...

Gorgeous card and fab colours!
seen that tutorial and fancied a go, but could I find one of them punches.. nooo lol

M. x

Monica Gale said...

OOOH I want one too(punch that is lol)!!!!! Fab card hun. Mxx

Andrea, said...

Fab card shary, I love how it opens and the bright funky colours you have used

** Isa ** said...

This is so lovely Shary... I love it and I love the colours you use and the window punch too... I'm so exicting to get my stampin up order tomorrow!!! But they don't have this punch in the Uk catalog... :o(

Hugs xxx

Unknown said...

Absolutely gorgeous. Fabby card - love the technique. Lol Lynn x

Deb said...

Really sweet, love the window and buckle!

Fab said...

Such a clever card, fab-ulous ! I like the colours very much. A winner again Shary !

Annie said...

love your bright and cheerful card - I'll have to have a go at making one of those but will need to find that punch!

simplyfairies said...

Oh lordy lou I soooo want to make one of these babies......
Can I case ya card........

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

wonderful!
loooove buckle cards

PapaYa's Kram said...

fantastic card!

Iris said...

Fab card, I really like it.

Valerie said...

AWESOME card! I found your link thru Isa...We are on the same design team. All your work is fab!

Where on Stampin Up is this tutorial for this card. I'd LOVE to try it. PLEASE! You can email me at hot_pinkpixie@yahoo.com or leave a comment on my blog. I'd so appricate it.

Hugs,
Valerie