Wednesday 8 October 2008

Double Dutch Challenges

I found a great new challenge blog the other day called Double Dutch. It's a fairly new blog so I missed challenge # 1 but here is challenge # 2 and it's a sketch. This week it was designed by Erica. It looks complicated but it's easy as Erica has put down all the measurements for all the layers. What a fab idea! Thank you Erica.





Now here's my card.

For the first layer I used a coral cardstock and stitched around the edges with a turquoise thread. I then added the other layers using MOD papers and a green cardstock. I then stitched around these edges with a coral thread. The green plain panel has been embossed with a cuttlebug embossing folder. The image is Tatty Bear which I coloured in with my promarkers. Isn't she cute? I stitched around the image with a turquoise thread again, then she was layered onto a coral cardstock. The two coral strips have been cut out with my word window punch , with one of the ends cut off and then some gems added. The sentiment window is again using the same punch and I stamped the sentiment onto the inside of the card so it shows through the window. And finally some blooms with a small gem in the middle.

Papers:- MOD

Sentiment:- SU warm words

Punch:- SU word window punch

The design team have made some gorgeous cards for this sketch, you can see their work here


http://doubledutchchallenges.blogspot.com/

18 comments:

Andrea, said...

Gorgeous card Shary, I love the bear

Suzanne said...

Oh this teddy is just too cute with his hat and wow what a lot of layers well done I wouldn't know where to start! Sue :o)

debby4000 said...

Oh this is gorgeous, love the Tatty ted and the fab bright summer colours.

Debbie said...

This is gorgeous Shary The Image is so cute and the sketch looks fab I might have to go and try this one out, Hugs Debbie x

Unknown said...

Shary, this is stunning....and I NEED that stamp.
Caz
x

Leann said...

OMG Shary ~ I am utterly in love with this card!!!!
Love the papers, colours, image ~ everything!!!!
Where can I get that stamp?? {Please, please don't send me to German shop!}
Hugs x

cats whiskers said...

What a fabulous and cute bear and what eat colours yo have used. Famtastic card again Shary how do you keep coming up with such different styles
Hugs Jacqui x

Ellen said...

Great card Shary! I love your expanation how you made this.

Ellen

Ellen said...

Great card Shary! I love your expanation how you made this.

Ellen

Ellen said...

Hi Shary,
I love your card and the way you explained how you made him.
Ellen

Rach said...

what a gorgeous and cute card, hugs rachxx

Alison said...

Stunning Shary, I'm in the queue too for finding out where you get this stamp. I need it!!

Annie said...

wow Shary! this is a stunner and love the layers, stitching and that so cute bear! hugs, annie x

Frances said...

nooooo, Shary you can't keep showing stamps I NEED, LOL. Loving cute tatty teddy (I'm not even gonna ask where!) and your whole card is fab. xx

SusanBluerobot said...

Oh that is beautiful love the teddy

Nikki Fairbairn said...

This is beautiful Shary and love all your layering, gorgeous papers and cute image, Hugs, Nikki x

Helena said...

OOOH I love him, I love these bears and this card is just so adorable!

xxxx

stampingcaz said...

too cute... can u tell me are those images stamps?? Oh dear id they are...

Cazx