Sunday 5 October 2008

Tilda & Co

The theme on Tilda & Co this week is....


Arts Apart Metal

Every now and then we see a little metal being used, but allot of people
don't use metal on there works of art, as they think its too "arty"
Nothing
can never be too "arty" so get your metal ready and get creating


Here is my card...
I've used a DCWV paper for this one and layered it onto a burgundy cardstock. I then added a strip of double sided tape along the left hand side and covered it with gold leaf. On top of this I added a sheer ribbon and a tassel metal charm. The swirls were made with a Rhonna Farrer stamp and versamark. I then added some heat and stick powder and covered it with gold leaf again. The image is from the Magnolia Autumn range. She has been coloured in with promarkers and some clear star sakura pen. The image is then layered onto the same paper and cardstock. I went around the embossed edges with a gold pen. Finally I added the 3 gold brads.

Stamps:- Magnolia

Papers:- DCWV - Once Upon A Time

The DT have again made some stunning creations. Why not go over to the blog and join in with this week's challenge. You can find all the details here


http://magnoliachallengeblog.blogspot.com/


3 comments:

cats whiskers said...

Shary this is breathtaking All that beautiful gold leafing and the lovely backing papers, but the beautiful colouring of that cute Tilda really stand out
Hugs Jacqui x

Annie said...

don't talk to me of gold leaf! I have it all over everything in the craft room! your cad is fab and I love Tilda. hugs, annie x

debby4000 said...

She is gorgeous, fabulous card.