Friday 20 February 2009

AWOL

Sorry I haven't been around lately but I have been looking after Milly. Yesterday she slipped on the kitchen floor and we thought nothing of it as she didn't yelp or anything. Later on that evening she seemed to be limping so we took her to the vets just as a precaution. We were not prepared for the news he gave us. He gave her an xray (which we since have found out that he shouldn't have given a dog so young) and told us that Milly has hip displacia. He has said she would need a hip replacement which will cost us £1,000. It will be very stressful for such a young dog as it is a major op and her recupering period would be for about a year.Luckily for us we know a friend of a friend who is studying to be a vet and she has asked a top dog surgeon about it and he has advised against the op, but is willing to see Milly to see what can be done. Rob has just taken her back to the original vet as we had already made the appointment, he is supposed to be telling us what his superiors say about the op, but he seemed adamant about giving her the op.
Sorry to bore you but I haven't felt up to crafting much as we sat up with her all night and I am exhausted. Those of you with dogs I'm sure will understand . :0)

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh babes how AWFUL for you all. I certainly do understand - she is one of the family. I hope this can be sorted quickly (and cheaply) for all of you. Thinking of you. Lol Lynn x

Annie said...

Hi Shary, first of all big hugs, and we know how you feel. I'll email you - but agree with your friends friend that an op isn't essential at this precise moment in time. take care, hugs, annie x

CraftyC said...

Hope Milly is OK, and everything turns out OK for her!
Clairex

Deb said...

oh no, you poor thing and poor Milly. Hope she is okay and you get some sleep tonight!
take care Debx

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Oh Shary I am so sorry to hear this, Keep us posted and will be thinking of you all and Milly. Forgot to say earlier in the week well done on your 2 lb loss and keep up the good work. We went shopping today and starting to buy really healthy food again.. to then get home to a box of celebrations a friend had bought for Gary's birthday! Who could resist them! Big, big hugs to you hun, Hugs, Nikki x

debby4000 said...

Oh no,poor Milly. Hope you find a vet you can trust and manage to work out what's best for Milly.

Debbie said...

So sorry to hear about Milly. You must be so worried about her Shary. I think you are right to get a second opinion from another vet. Hope you can get something done for poor Milly soon. Debbie x

Frances said...

Aww how awful Shary - hope you find solution for poor Milly soon but I think you are right to be cautious and get 2nd Opinion. Hugs, Fran x

Desire Fourie said...

Shary, I trust that Milly will get the correct medical attention in the end and that she won't suffer. Hugs from Desire

Carolyn Bounds said...

I hope Milly is doing better. I know how difficult it is when a family pet isn't well...after all, they are like our children. I will keep Milly in my prayers. Please take care of yourself, my friend.

Big HUGS to you!!!
Carolyn