Tuesday 10 February 2009

House Mouse Monday Challenge

Interesting one this week for the House Mouse Monday Challenge it's Tall and Thin. I very rarely make a DL card but I had a go for this one.


Please click on pic for a better view.
I thought this Gruffie stamp would be perfect. It's called Tower of presents. I paper pieced the presents and added some details with sakura pens. Gruffie has been coloured with promarkers. All the papers are from a pad by GSD studio. The top and bottom strips have been punched out with a Martha Stewart punch. For the sentiment I used a Hero Arts clear stamp which I stamped onto the word window punch tag from SU. I then layered it onto two of the tags put together.

As always the DT cards are gorgeous you really should take a look at them here
http://housemouse-challenge.blogspot.com/

14 comments:

Unknown said...

Great card - the presents do work really well on this tall card. Lol Lynn x

Linda said...

This is a really cute card - perfect for this challenge! That's a lot of work on the presents, but worth it!

Annie said...

wow that's a pile of pressies! a great stamp for the DL shaped cards - I really must make more of these to get through the pile of envelopes! hugs, annie x

MichelleO said...

Love that image! And you have colored it perfectly.. and yes it does fit these taller cards much better. great card
HUGS
MichelleO

Maria said...

Oooh, I'm really loving your tall card!! That bear is too darn cute! You did a fabulous job coloring the images!!

Awesome job on the challenge!

Maria

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Gorgeous card Shary, lov ethe cute image and your beautiful colouring. Hugs Nikki x

Helen said...

Fab card! Love the paper piecing on the presents!
Helen x

mycardz said...

Ooooo Shary!! Your card is PERFECT! The image is made for this style and your paper piecing is awesome! Really great job on this challenge!! :)

Stacy Morgan said...

How cute! He is so excited to see all those presents. Darling card.

Desire Fourie said...

Just gorgeous Shary and what an adorable image. Loved how you paper pieces the presents. Hugs from Desire

Sue said...

aww brill card, luv his face, works well with a tall card, sue.x

Carolyn Bounds said...

Awww...this card is darling and oh so sweet!!! The look on the panda's face is absolutely precious:o) I love the way you paper pieced the presents...it really makes them *pop*, and the colors are terrific!!! Such a fun and happy card:o) I just can't seem to stop smiling and saying "awwww". Another one of your incredible creations that I adore!!!

Hugs!
Carolyn

Patti said...

Adorable!! You are right this image is perfect!! I've just joined the HM challenges as well and I love all the wonderful ideas I'm seeing.

Thank you for sharing! Patti

http://myanthill.blogspot.com/

Susan said...

Love the paper piecing!!! It was perfect for this card. Awesome!