Wednesday 7 January 2009

In Style Stamps - Thankful Thursday

Here' s a new one for you, every Thursday on In Style Stamps there will be a sketch challenge. Every Thursday one of the Design Team will create a sketch for you to follow. This week it was
Melissa's turn to create the sketch.

Now I do apologise I made a boo boo because one of the rules is that you must have the words "Thank you" on your card. Teach me for not reading things properly!! I do apologise.

You don't have to use an In Style stamp, but if you do have any that would be great! So all you have to do is make a card using the sketch, include the words "Thank you" and then leave a comment here on the In Style Stamps blog showing us a link to your card. One lucky winner will receive a prize of Making Memories Ribbon Charms.

Your creation must be posted by Sunday January 11th, 11.59 PM P.S.T.

Here is the sketch
And here is my card


I used a cream, blank, square card and covered it with the plainer paper from a Basic Grey Scarlett's Letter pad. I then cut out the semi circle in the red cs from the same pad and layered it with the more ornate paper. I did the same for the rectangle which the main image would sit on. I stamped Roxy from In Style stamps onto white card and coloured in her skin, hair and jewellery. I then paper pieced her clothes and shoes with the same Scarlett's Letter papers. I cut her out leaving a little white border and used 3D pads to adhere her to the rectangle. I punched a hole for the ribbon to thread throught and tied a knot into it. The sentiment is from a Stampin Up set called Riveting. I layered this onto circles of the dp.

It would be great if some UK crafters could join in with this one too as In Style Stamps are quite a new US company and are not known very well in the UK. But the stamps are well worth buying, really modern and great to colour. And I'll tell you a secret I've seen some of the new stamps and kits coming and you'll definately be wanting them!!!


3 comments:

Suzanne said...

Great card and a great sketch, love the 70's looking image takes me back to when my hair was like that!!!. Sue :o)

Sandy said...

What a fun and funky card. I love all the paper piecing and Roxy looks great popped up. Great job with Melissa's sketch.

Melissa said...

Great job with the sketch, Shary! I love the papers you chose!