Sunday, 18 January 2009

Origami Box

I thought I'd have a go at one of these Origami boxes as I'd seen some on US blogs. They looked really lovely. They look hard to make but once I'd had a practice on some waste paper and uttered a few curses I got the idea. The actual box needs no glue but the lid needs a little to apply the DP to the board.

Here is a view of the top of the box.

Here is a side view.

And here is a view of the box opened.



I used a pink Bazill card for the box , it was nice and thick. I then used Collage Paper - Sugar Plum for the lid covering. The DP was double sided so I used the reverse side to make two decorative strips to put along the top and bottom of the box lid. I punched these using a Martha Stewart punch. The image is from a brand new Alota set called "Wagon, Wheelbarrow". It's a gorgeous set and really versatile. I've used two of the stamps, the wheelbarrow and then placed the flower pot stamp on top. The little bug is a individual stamp also from Alota. I have coloured them with promarkers adn a little sakura star. I sponge inked around the image with a pink chalk ink. The image was layered up and I added the photo corners with the same paper. To close the box I put two eyelets onto the box, one on the lid and one on the side of the box at the front. I then threaded the green ribbon through and tied a tight bow. To finish off I added layered blooms with a little gem.
I would really like to make a few more of these , they are quite easy to make but I think they look really pretty. Mine will be used for some new stamps that I'm waiting on, they are on an unmounted sheet so I 'll cut them up and keep them in this box.

8 comments:

Deb said...

beautiful box, love how you decorated it too gotta love those bugs!

Bunny-Zoe's Blog said...

Your box is so gorgeous Shary and love how you have decorated it.. love the colours and the sweet image. Hugs, Nikki

Donalda said...

You done a beautiful job Shary Love the colors you used dear.

debby4000 said...

What a fabulous box, beautful papers and such a cute image.

Debbie said...

Oh this is fabulous Shary, never seen an Origami Box before...Love the cute image and the beautiful papers you have used to decorate. Debbie x

Monique said...

It's beautifull Shary. I've seen several too and will definitely try it out myself :)).

Hugs Monique

Annie said...

wow Shary! fabulous box and such pretty papers and cute image. hugs, annie x

Helene said...

Very cute box...I must say it makes me giggle.