I thought I'd have a go at one of these Origami boxes as I'd seen some on US blogs. They looked really lovely. They look hard to make but once I'd had a practice on some waste paper and uttered a few curses I got the idea. The actual box needs no glue but the lid needs a little to apply the DP to the board.
Here is a view of the top of the box.
Here is a side view.
And here is a view of the box opened.
I used a pink Bazill card for the box , it was nice and thick. I then used Collage Paper - Sugar Plum for the lid covering. The DP was double sided so I used the reverse side to make two decorative strips to put along the top and bottom of the box lid. I punched these using a Martha Stewart punch. The image is from a brand new Alota set called "Wagon, Wheelbarrow". It's a gorgeous set and really versatile. I've used two of the stamps, the wheelbarrow and then placed the flower pot stamp on top. The little bug is a individual stamp also from Alota. I have coloured them with promarkers adn a little sakura star. I sponge inked around the image with a pink chalk ink. The image was layered up and I added the photo corners with the same paper. To close the box I put two eyelets onto the box, one on the lid and one on the side of the box at the front. I then threaded the green ribbon through and tied a tight bow. To finish off I added layered blooms with a little gem.
I would really like to make a few more of these , they are quite easy to make but I think they look really pretty. Mine will be used for some new stamps that I'm waiting on, they are on an unmounted sheet so I 'll cut them up and keep them in this box.