Thursday 27 November 2008

Friday Sketchers

Just about squeezed this one in! It was Beatrix's turn to create a sketch on Friday Sketchers this week and here it is

A different size card for me but I enjoyed doing it. It was hard to take a photo of so I've had to do two for this one.
I've used Stampin Up papers for this one. They are called "Dasher". The first layer is cardstock and I have clear embossed the snowflakes on using a clear stamp. I then layered the pp onto red cardstock. The snowflakes are from Dovecraft, the flowers from my stash and the sentiment is from a HOTP kit.
Now onto the image.....

I stamped the House Mouse image onto white card and coloured it in with my promarkers, adding a little clear star pen to his fur on the hat. I then covered the card with versamark and sprinkled on some clear ultra thick embossing powder with a touch of glitter. When it had all melted and became level I quickly stamped on it with a snowflake stamp covered in versamark. I let the stamp "sit" for a bit until the UTEE had cooled. When I was satisfied that I had all the snowflakes I wanted, I let it all cool down. When it was cold I then bent it backwards and forwards a bit for it to start cracking. That's where you get the cracked glass effect. I also did all this for the diamond snowflake embellishment.
You can find the Friday Sketchers Challenge blog here

8 comments:

Annie said...

gorgeous card and love the cute mouse image Shary! and you are having fun with your embossing powders at the moment! hugs, annie x

amanda stokes said...

fab card shary.love the paper's and these little mice are adoreable.x x

CraftyC said...

So cute Shary, love the cute little image!
Clairex

Donalda said...

Shary this is just adorable dear. I just love it and the coloring is gorgeous as always dear

Helena said...

Love how you have done the image, beautiful card!

xxxx

Emma said...

Such a gorgeous card. Sounds like a long process but worth every second for the finished result. x

Shell said...

Beutiful card and the idea with the embossing powers is brilliant. Shellx

MichelleO said...

REally wonderful! It was a harder size to work with, but you rocked it! Love your snow flakes over the mouse, I may have to give that a try!
HUGS
MichelleO