Thursday 13 November 2008

House Mouse Snow Shaker

The other week we were in a local German craft shop when my daughter spotted a snow shaker that you could make yourself. She asked if I could do one for her and here it is , I've just made it so she hasn't seen it yet.
It has two sides to decorate. I was planning on using the new Magnolias but they were too big, the House mouse were just the right size.

Here is side A. (with the snow settled and then with the snow shaken).


Because the image fit most of the area I didn't add any papers , just kept it to the image. I coloured in the image with promarkers and added some sakura gloss and clear star pen to the candle. I then added the gold star brad to the top as it looked a bit bare.

Here is side B. (Again with the snow settled and then shaken).



The image is again coloured in with promarkers and his "fur" bits on his hat have been coloured with a clear star pen. Which you can't really see!! The papers and snowflake gel stickers are from Paper Adventures.

This was really easy to do and I know my daughter is going to enjoy it. If the gap in between the pics was bigger you could have so much fun with different sorts of embellies. But with this one you have to keep it quite flat.

29 comments:

Frances said...

This is fab Shary. I made one last year but still got a few left over will have to dig them out, thanks for reminding me :) I like the shape of your one (mine are tall and thin!) x

"Kirby" (KrB) said...

Oh my goodness, Shary, this is adorable! How very clever, and your images are absolutely perfect. I love it! Thanks so much for sharing.

CraftyC said...

This is adorable, such a sweet gift!
Clairex

nessy said...

shary this is amazing ~just love it ~you are so clever!!
vanessa xx

Jennifer Scull said...

absolutely wonderful! what a clever idea! and your coloring is perfect! :)

Dawn Wheeler said...

O M G these are so cute i need them lolxxx
thay are fabulous well done Shary fabulous work ,Dawnxx

Debbie said...

This is gorgeous shary your daughters going to be thrilled when she see's it, Hugs Debbie x

Annie said...

ooo how fabulous Shary and such a wonderful gift idea! hugs, annie x

MichelleO said...

This is wonderful! I am sure she is going to love it and shake them mice up all the time! Really adorable!
HUGS
MichelleO

Desire Fourie said...

Oh wow, how unusual and those little house mice are just so adorable. Thanks for the inspiration. Hugs from Desire

Lynsey said...

Hi Shary
This is lovely! What a nice crafty project to make for your daughter, I bet she loves it!
Hugs Lynsey :)

Rach said...

oh wow shary this looks fabulous, what a brilliant idea, I havn't seen this done before..love the little mouse images that you used. hugs rachxx

amanda stokes said...

Fab idea!i'm sure your daughter will be thrilled with it i know my sons would be.amanda x x

Becky said...

Oh wow! I love it Shary!! Must find me one of these!!
Love Becky xx

Unknown said...

OMG I am off to look for some of these NOW! Absolutely fantastic. Your daughter will just adore it babes. Lol Lynn x

Andrea, said...

Gorgeous Shary, I had these when I did X stitch but I haven't seen any for ages, will have to keep an eye out for some

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Oh I love this Shary, your daughter is going to love this.. who could resist those cute mice and such a fun idea, Hugs, Nikki x

Nancy said...

Squeeeeaaalll! This is way too cute!!!

Donalda said...

Shary these are just so precious dear. So talented dear. Just love it

gina g said...

Wow this is absolutely stunning i love it, your daughter will love it too. gina xx

debby4000 said...

What a gorgeous creation, I'm sure your daughter is going to love it.

Anonymous said...

They're fab Sharon! Haven't seen these before but you've done a fantastic job. Especially love the house mouse with book.
Tricia

david santos said...

Pretty cards!!!
I love your creations!!!
Have a nice weekend!!!!!

Rina said...

OMGosh, these are too cute. I would love to create it for my girls. TFS!

Ila said...

This is Amazing and So Gorgeous!! what a fabulous project!!...I love it!...Hugs, Ila

Anonymous said...

Adorable and truly unique Shary love it.

Suzanne said...

These are stunning I just love this idea and the images are gorgeous.(just want to say again I can only comment from work so I am not ignoring you!)Sue :o)

simplyfairies said...

how fabby me wants one !!! lol

Ruth Philps said...

Absolutely beautiful and such a cute image to stamp, this really is a perfect combination!!