Friday 27 March 2009

In Style Stamps Blog Hop

There is lots going on today over on In Style Stamps.
Here's what Virginia (the boss) says about it...

Come and join us for the first InStyle Stamps Blog Hop this Friday from 11:30 am EST to 10pm EST. Chat it up on our blog hop thread on the InStyle forum that will open at 11:30 am EST. The blog hop itself will begin at noon with the DT revealing their fabulous projects that they have been slaving away all week on.

Come join the fun, and be on the look-out for contests to win some great prizes throughout the day! Plus, make sure to vote for your favorite DT member project, as well as play “Get to know our DT Trivia,” and be entered into our drawings for the grand prizes to be held at the end of the hop!


You can find the In Style Stamp blog here and for all you UKers the time will be 4.30pm that it starts. The In Style Stamp forum can be found here.

So all the In Style DT had to make a project for the blog hop and everyone that gets to visit the blogs then votes for their favourite. So here is my project or should I say projects!


I first made this candle holder decoration for Easter. I used a brand new digital image from In Style Stamps called Teacup with chick.I printed it out twice and then coloured them with promarkers.I then cut out the flowers, chick and ribbon from the second image and layered them onto the first image to give a 3D effect. I then used glossy accents on the 3D elements. Simple but brightens up a plain candle holder.


My second project is a gift pocket holder made out of ..... a kitchen roll. All you do is fold it in half and then cut it and there you have your two "pockets". I covered the pockets in Papermania retro flowers paper and then stamped along the top and bottom of the pockets with a Stampin Up wheel stamp in distress brown ink. I also sponged all the edges with the same ink. Next I added the ribbons and then adhered the two pockets together. The image is a stamp from In Style Stamps called Suzie Q. I thought she was just right for the holder if you were to put in shopping vouchers.I stamped her out and then cut her out leaving a small margin around her. I coloured her with promarkers. I then used 3D pads to adhere her to the top pocket. All you need to do is slip whatever you'd like to give as a gift into the pockets. I have put some euros into my pockets in the photo just to show you.Here is a side view.



If you would like to see all the other DT's projects and vote for your favourite, the DT's blog addresses are in my side bar under In Style Stamp DT. And this is where you can vote. Here.

So onto the next contest! "Get to know our DT trivia". All the DT had to answer some questions about themselves. Here are the questions and my answers....

1.What is your favorite color combination for crafting? Pink, brown and green.

2.If you were stuck on a deserted island, and a box washed up on shore, what 5 craft supplies would you most want to find inside? Papers, promarkers, card, ribbon & tape writer.

3.What is your favorite coloring medium? Promarkers.

4.What embellishment can you not live without? Ribbon.

5.What are your hobbies (other than papercrafting)? Reading, computer games, spending time with my family.

6.What’s your favorite spring time activity? Walking with my family and dog.

7.If you could visit any place in the world, where would you choose to go? Egypt.

8.When you were little, who was your favorite super hero and why? I don’t think I had one!

9.What is one item that you really should throw away, but probably never will? Paper scraps.

10.If you were an animal, what would you be? Cat.

11.If you could have an endless supply of any food item, what would you get? Chinese food.

12.What is your favorite movie? Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

13.Who is your favorite actor/actress? Will Smith.

14.Do you have a pet? If so, what do you have? A dog, Milly. A cat, Jinx. A bearded dragon , Harry.

15.How did you first get introduced to stamping? I saw a little plastic starter case with stamps, peel offs, card , ink, pens and glue and thought hmmm will I use it? OMG you should see all my stuff now!!

If you enter this competition there will be draws for prizes.

Hope to see you all there!

14 comments:

Risa said...

Both of your projects are awesome Sherry! The candle holder is beautiful and I adore your pocket card...too cute!
hugs
Risa:)

Risa said...

Oops....I'm sorry that I mis-spelled your name Shary!
hugs
Risa:)

Vicky said...

These are both fantastic, Shary! Great job on both of these!

Bastelzauberin said...

These are both fantastic.

Silke

Erin... said...

2 fabby projects!

Kim said...

Shary these are both so adorable! That candle holder is amazing! WOW it looks so beautiful and elegant...a perfect Easter decoration! And your gift pocket holder is so cute! Great work! Hope you have a wonderful weekend, and I look forward to working with you on the DT!
Hugs~ Kim

Maria said...

Hey shary!! Beautiful job on your candle holder and gift pocket holder!! Such fantastic projects. The candle holder is perfect for Easter decor!! Beautiful job coloring the images!! Very pretty!

See you on the forum!!

Hope you have a fantastic weekend!

Maria

Sandy said...

Both projects are wonderful, Shary!! What's a kitchen pocket??

Anonymous said...

This is how observant I am!! I didn't even know you were on the DT!!! Yay, the only one I know!! What fun this will be.

I love your project! The candle holder is awesome for Easter and the card is GREAT! :)

Deb said...

Love your projects Shary, they are so clever, must have a go at this pocket card, great way to give a token or cash as a gift!
Have a great evening, Debx

Josefa Laura said...

Beautifu blog...Josefa Laura

jo said...

wow soo very stunning, you have been very busy, huggs jo x

** Isa ** said...

Lovely projects Shary. THey're both fab...

{hugs} xxx

theneon said...

Beautiful work on all your projects. I love the little teacup especially.